The fiber cleaver is used to cut the quartz glass fiber as thin as a hair. The end of the cut fiber is still flat after being magnified hundreds of times before it can be used for device packaging, cold splicing, and discharge splicing.
1. Open the top clamp lever and the Id of the single fiber adapter. The blade carriage should be in the forward position.
2. Lower the fiber straight into the correct V-groove with the end of the fiber coating (e g. if the cleave length is 16mm) at the 16mm mark on the ruler.
3. Close the lid of the single fiber adapter.
4. Lower the top clamp lever. Side the blade carriage to the rear of the cleaver. The fiber will be cleaved.
5. Open the top clamp lever. Then open the lid of the single fiber adapter and lift the newly cleaved fiber. Lift the off-cut and dispose it properly.
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
This product has been designed and manufactured to assure personal safety. Improper use can result in bodily injury and serious damage to the fiber cleaver.
- Do not disassemble or lubricate any parts of the cleaver. Doing so could cause serious damage to the cleaver.
- This is a precision tool. Do not impact the cleaver by hitting or dropping it. Doing so may cause personal injury and loss of cleaving performance.
- Glass fiber fragments are extremely sharp. Handle with care. Wear safety glasses at all times during cleaving operation for protection from glass fibers. Dispose of glass fiber fragments properly.
- The blade of the cleaver is extremely sharp. Do not touch it with bare hands.
- Do not impact the top clamp lever. Doing so could cause damage to the cleaver and loss of cleaving performance.
- If the cleaver is damaged or a problem occurs, please contact our maintenance service center.
Post time: 2021-01-26