VFL (visual fault locator) is currently one of the most widely used fiber optic testing equipment for tracing optical fibers, checking fiber continuity, and detecting problems in fiber optic cable such as breakage, tight, sharp bends, and improper splices.
Οπτικός εντοπιστής σφαλμάτων
Τι είναι το VFL;
VFL is the abbreviation of visual fault locator, is a device that can detect the cracking, breaking, or bending of optical fiber. The optical fiber visual fault locator is a device that can detect the breaking, bending, or cracking of fiber glass. It can also identify an OTDR dead zone problem and identify fibers from one end to the other. This fiber fault locator is designed with an FC, SC, ST universal adapter and can be used without any other type of additional adapters. It can locate faults up to 10km in fiber cable and has a tiny, light weight red laser output.
Τύποι οπτικού εντοπισμού σφαλμάτων
Pen visual fault locators, handheld visual fault locators, and portable visual fiber fault locators are the most common types.
The Visual fault locator pen style, shown below is specifically developed for field personnel who require an efficient and cost-effective equipment for fiber tracing, fiber routing, and optical network continuity checking.
Οπτικός εντοπιστής σφαλμάτων 650nm
From universals to specific connector types, the hand-held visual fault locator is available in a variety of connector bulkhead styles.
A portable visual fiber fault locator is used to identify single mode and multimode fiber and locate problems. It is a useful tool for troubleshooting OTDR faults in the dead zone, as well as a fundamental maintenance tool for fiber networks, LANs, ATM fiber systems, and telecom network systems. The following image depicts the appearance of a portable visual fiber fault finder.
Πώς να χρησιμοποιήσετε το VFL;
The following are the steps to using a fiber visual fault locator:
- Withdraw the test fiber cable from both ends by removing the plastic connection covers.
- Connect one end of the fiber to the fiber optic visual fault locator. When you press the tester button, you should see light coming from the other end of the fiber. This provides a straightforward indication of the fiber link’s continuity.
- Continue with a few more fibers. Check for visible light seeping from a defective splice. This may provide a simple method of visual defect identification on faulty splices or junctions.
- Disconnect all equipment, replace the plastic connector covers, and return everything to its original state.
Notes during the using of a VFL:
- Never look into the VFL’s output directly.
- When the VFL is not in use, cover the output with the dust cap.
- Do not use on cables that are dark colored or armored.
Baudcom provides all types of visual fault locator and the best visual fault locator price. We also offer all kinds of test equipment. For more information, please feel free to contact us.
Ώρα δημοσίευσης: 2021-06-11