OTDR (optical time-domain reflectometer) is an instrument that understands the uniformity, defect, fracture, and coupling of the optical fiber through the analysis of the measurement curve. It is made according to the principle of backscattering and Fresnel reverse of light. It uses the backscattered light generated when light propagates in the optical fiber to obtain attenuation information. It can be used to measure optical fiber attenuation, connector loss, fiber fault location and understanding Loss distribution along the length of the fiber, etc. It is an indispensable tool in the construction, maintenance and monitoring of optical cables. OTDR has the advantages of short test time, fast test speed, and high test accuracy.
The working principle of OTDR:
Optical cable testing is an important technical means for the construction, maintenance and repair of optical cables. At present, the most effective method is to use OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) to monitor the optical fiber connection and measure and evaluate the connection loss. This method is intuitive, reliable, and it can print the fiber backscatter signal curve. In addition, while monitoring, the actual transmission distance from the office to each joint can be measured relatively accurately. Maintenance is very necessary for accurately detecting faults and effectively handling them. At the same time, maintenance personnel are required to master the performance of the instrument, skilled operation skills and accurate judgment of the signal curve characteristics.
The OTDR test is performed by sending light pulses to the optical fiber, and then receiving the returned information at the OTDR port. When the optical pulses are transmitted in the optical fiber, due to the characteristics of the optical fiber itself, connectors, joints, bending or other similar events, the optical pulses will be scattered and reflected. Part of the scattered and reflected will be returned to the OTDR. The useful information returned is measured by the OTDR detector and they are used as time or curve segments at different locations in the fiber. From sending the signal back to the signal, then determining the glass material, you can calculate the distance in the time required for the speed of light.
Features of 5000 Series OTDR：
2. Small and light, easy to carry.
3. 1625nm online detection module with filter is available as a option for a online FTTx/PON detection.
4. Multi-measuring modes, simple to use, finish measurement by just one button.
5. Realtime measuring function, convenient to monitor the splicing process.
6. Internal large power visual laser source for accurate positioning the closer fault point.
7. Internal stable laser source.
8. Optical power meter function is offered as a option.
9. Warnning function could prevent module of OTDR damaged by optical signal.
10. Integrated with Screenshot function.
11. PC Remote access and control function is available via RJ45 interface.
12. Support multi-language display and input, friendly interface, visual keyboard capable.
13. Integrated with large internal memory.
14. Provide data simulation software to process, generate and print report.
15. Battery indicator function.
16. Long working hours for outdoor operation.
Post time: 2021-01-25