Over the warranty period, breakdowns of the splicer deserve free maintenance. However, the following circumstances are not covered by the warranty.
The instrument has discharged more than 3000 times.
Vulnerable parts, such as lithium batteries and electrodes, enjoy 3 months warranty.
Breakdowns or damages caused by force majeure, such as natural disasters.
Instrument damage or performance degradation caused by violation of the Manual and mishandling.
Repair of the splicer should be performed by BAUDCOM or authorized repair units. Dismantling and repair by any other parties and personnel are illegal, and the warranty becomes invalid. BAUDCOM retains the right to pursue legal actions against any violators
In case the splicer should be returned back to the factory thanks to repair or maintenance needs, it should be put in the portable box and be transported in the original package. Any damages caused by improper packing will not be covered by the warranty.
Anti-dust and clean
Keep the positioning groove, the electrodes and the microscope clean. Close the wind-protector when not in use.
Clean the v-groove
If the v-groove is dirty inside, it is incapable of holding fibers correctly, which will increase splice loss. Hence, please check the V-groove frequently and clean it regularly. Clean it as follows:
- a) Open up the wind-protector.
- b) Move a cleaved fiber tail towards the same direction in the v-groove to get rid of dirty matters.
- c) If the fiber tail does not work, use a thin cotton swab dipped in alcohol to clean the bottom of the V-groove, and remove excess alcohol from it.
Clean and replacement of electrodes
- a) if the electrodes are contaminated, enable the function of electrodes cleaning by clicking Ok in Ready interface and wipe them with cotton swabs with alcohol slightly Or use a piece of metallographic abrasive paper of 3mmx 50mm to wipe the electrode tips pat attention to the tips and do not hurt them.
- b) electrode life is long. Electrode replacement is required after one electrode is used over 3000 times. Please refer to specific steps for the replacement.
If the lenses are dirty, normal check position of cores will be impacted, which will increase splice loss or bad fusion. Therefore, regular clean of the two lenses are recommended or dust will accumulate relentlessly and cannot be removed at last.
Please clean them as follows:
- a) turn off the power before cleaning
- b) Use thin cotton swabs with alcohol to wipe the lenses from the middle.Circularly move until the whole lenses are cleaned. Then remove excess alcohol with clean dry swabs.
- c) Turn on the power to make sure dust and lines cannot be seen on the monitor.
Avoid severe strike or vibration
Be careful during movement or transportation of the splicer. Put it in the carrying case and the transportation box at first before a long-distance transportation.
Turn on the splicer at least half a year when not in use for a long time. Turn it on frequently when temperature and humidity are high. Put drying agent inside the splicer case to prevent the microscope lens from getting mould.
- a) When using AC power, protect the adapter and ensure an adequate grounding.
- b) When ARC discharging, the electrodes will generate thousands of voltage.Do not touch them to avoid injury to the splicer and personnel.
- c) Inflammable and explosive gases are not allowable in the operational environment, to avoid bad splice or accidents
- d) Use only 99%or better purity alcohol to clean the positioning groove and the microscope lens. Move cotton swabs towards one direction but not back and forth.
This table lists solutions to common breakdowns. Please contact us when you encounter tough issues.
Common breakdowns and troubleshooting
|Breakdowns||Reasons and troubleshooting|
|Monitor displays: Left (Right) Fiber Not Found||Inadequate cleave length of bare fibers, or fiber end-face is too far away from the electrodes. Make fibers visible in the monitor when loading them.|
|Monitor displays: Splice Failed||Improper choice of splice parameters or unstable ARC. |
Fiber overlap is inadequate or no push when splicing.
Fibers are loaded badly.
|Electrodes do not perform ARC or ARC is unstable||Possible reasons: |
Improper setting of ARC parameter;
Electrodes are too dirty or the tips are damaged;
Dirty fiber surfaces.
Choose proper ARC parameter;
Clean or replace the electrodes;
Reprocess fibers to be spliced.
|Electrodes do not perform ARC or ARC is unstable||Bad end-face. Re-prepare fiber end-face; |
V-groove or fibers are dirty and need clean.